White Paper Archive
- Knowledge Management 101: Better Process Decisions, Faster
- Process Ownership and Service Ownership: Maximizing the Value of Key Roles
- Your IT Department is Dying: What Can You Do?!
- Avoiding Lost Business - Best Practices for Problem Management
- Major Incidents - When the Business Is Losing Business
- Maturing the SDLC and the Impact on Roles
- How to Create an IT Portal
- Defining IT Services for the Business
- Business-Driven IT Transformation: The Business Value of Process Assessment
- ITSM Trends for 2013
- Justifying a Service Catalog Initiative
- Service-Based Improvement Cycles
- Processes and Services: White Box Versus Black Box
- Services and the Evolution of Service Ownership
- Key Milestones for Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Services and the Importance of Process Capability & Maturity
- Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Operational Excellence: Transforming IT using TIPA Assessments to Drive Change
- Creating and Maturing a Service Catalog
- Service-based IT Cost Modeling and Identifying Cost Saving Opportunities
- Operational Excellence: Using a Standards-Based Approach to ITIL© Assessment
- Services and the Importance of Customer Outcomes
- Service Catalog 101
- Operational Excellence: Excellence in a Service-Oriented World
- ITSM Software: Is SaaS the Model for You?
- How to Reduce the Cost of IT
- ITIL® / ITSM... Where do I Start?
- ITIL® Best Practices for Security Management
- Configuration Management One Bite at a Time
- Techniques for Understanding What a Customer Values in a Service
- The CMDB, a Foundation for ITIL®
- Integrating Project Management and Service Management
- The ROI of ITIL®
- The Service Owner Role in ITIL
White Paper written by Kai Holthaus, Director of Consulting, Third Sky
This white paper provides a closer look at the Service Owner role, beyond the main accountabilities described in the Foundation syllabus. It will look at some tasks in each of the life cycle stages for a Service Owner to do, and describe a generic service delivery model at a high level.
The Service Owner role is introduced in the ITIL® books with the following responsibilities:
Fill out the form below for an instant download of the white paper.
The Service Owner Role in IT Service Management & ITIL