White Paper Archive
- Your IT Department is Dying: What Can You Do?!
- Avoiding Lost Business - Best Practices for Problem Management
- Major Incidents - When the Business Is Losing Business
- Maturing the SDLC and the Impact on Roles
- How to Create an IT Portal
- Defining IT Services for the Business
- Business-Driven IT Transformation: The Business Value of Process Assessment
- ITSM Trends for 2013
- Justifying a Service Catalog Initiative
- Service-Based Improvement Cycles
- Processes and Services: White Box Versus Black Box
- Services and the Evolution of Service Ownership
- Key Milestones for Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Services and the Importance of Process Capability & Maturity
- Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Operational Excellence: Transforming IT using TIPA Assessments to Drive Change
- Creating and Maturing a Service Catalog
- Service-based IT Cost Modeling and Identifying Cost Saving Opportunities
- Operational Excellence: Using a Standards-Based Approach to ITIL© Assessment
- Services and the Importance of Customer Outcomes
- Service Catalog 101
- Operational Excellence: Excellence in a Service-Oriented World
- ITSM Software: Is SaaS the Model for You?
- How to Reduce the Cost of IT
- ITIL® / ITSM... Where do I Start?
- ITIL® Best Practices for Security Management
- Configuration Management One Bite at a Time
- Techniques for Understanding What a Customer Values in a Service
- The CMDB, a Foundation for ITIL®
- Integrating Project Management and Service Management
- The ROI of ITIL®
- The Service Owner Role in ITIL v3
White Paper written by John Worthington, ITIL v3 Expert and Director of Consulting, Third Sky
Web Services…Service-Oriented Architecture…IT Service Management…Software-as-a-Service…Infrastructure-as-a-Service…Platform-as-a-Service. This is much more than marketing hype; we have entered a service oriented world. Yet even as the business drives us at an ever-increasing pace, many IT organizations have yet to fully realize a services orientation.
Of course, establishing the right vision and strategy, and laying a foundation of effective and efficient processes are essential elements of success. But perhaps the single most important factor to realizing operational excellence in the 21st century may be achieving a true services orientation. For many, this is the most difficult and transformative part of the IT Service Management journey.
This white paper will cover:
Register below to instantly download your copy.