White Paper Archive
- How to Create an IT Portal
- Defining IT Services for the Business
- Business-Driven IT Transformation: The Business Value of Process Assessment
- ITSM Trends for 2013
- Justifying a Service Catalog Initiative
- Service-Based Improvement Cycles
- Processes and Services: White Box Versus Black Box
- Services and the Evolution of Service Ownership
- Key Milestones for Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Services and the Importance of Process Capability & Maturity
- Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Operational Excellence: Transforming IT using TIPA Assessments to Drive Change
- Creating and Maturing a Service Catalog
- Service-based IT Cost Modeling and Identifying Cost Saving Opportunities
- Operational Excellence: Using a Standards-Based Approach to ITIL© Assessment
- Services and the Importance of Customer Outcomes
- Service Catalog 101
- Operational Excellence: Excellence in a Service-Oriented World
- ITSM Software: Is SaaS the Model for You?
- How to Reduce the Cost of IT
- ITIL® / ITSM... Where do I Start?
- ITIL® Best Practices for Security Management
- Configuration Management One Bite at a Time
- Techniques for Understanding What a Customer Values in a Service
- The CMDB, a Foundation for ITIL®
- Integrating Project Management and Service Management
- The ROI of ITIL®
- The Service Owner Role in ITIL v3
White Paper written by Kai Holthaus, Director of Consulting, Third Sky
IT Cost Reduction is one of the ‘buzz’ activities in corporations today. Faced with cost pressure, corporations are putting the pressure on their IT departments, to drive cost savings into the organizations. IT is faced with the challenge to keep the lights on, support new technologies at an ever-increasing pace, and reduce their budget all at the same time.
In light of this challenge, IT will need to understand the cost structure of the services it offers to its customers. IT will have to understand how its customers use the services to enable business processes. And IT will need to work together with its customers to understand the value (not just the cost) of the IT services and provide its customers with levers to control their IT cost. This white paper discusses these issues and presents ideas on how to optimize IT cost while still providing value to the customers.
Fill out the form below for an instant download of the white paper.