White Paper Archive
- Knowledge Management 101: Better Process Decisions, Faster
- Process Ownership and Service Ownership: Maximizing the Value of Key Roles
- Your IT Department is Dying: What Can You Do?!
- Avoiding Lost Business - Best Practices for Problem Management
- Major Incidents - When the Business Is Losing Business
- Maturing the SDLC and the Impact on Roles
- How to Create an IT Portal
- Defining IT Services for the Business
- Business-Driven IT Transformation: The Business Value of Process Assessment
- ITSM Trends for 2013
- Justifying a Service Catalog Initiative
- Service-Based Improvement Cycles
- Processes and Services: White Box Versus Black Box
- Services and the Evolution of Service Ownership
- Key Milestones for Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Services and the Importance of Process Capability & Maturity
- Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Operational Excellence: Transforming IT using TIPA Assessments to Drive Change
- Creating and Maturing a Service Catalog
- Service-based IT Cost Modeling and Identifying Cost Saving Opportunities
- Operational Excellence: Using a Standards-Based Approach to ITIL© Assessment
- Services and the Importance of Customer Outcomes
- Service Catalog 101
- Operational Excellence: Excellence in a Service-Oriented World
- ITSM Software: Is SaaS the Model for You?
- How to Reduce the Cost of IT
- ITIL® / ITSM... Where do I Start?
- ITIL® Best Practices for Security Management
- Configuration Management One Bite at a Time
- Techniques for Understanding What a Customer Values in a Service
- The CMDB, a Foundation for ITIL®
- Integrating Project Management and Service Management
- The ROI of ITIL®
- The Service Owner Role in ITIL
White Paper written by Reginald Lo, Vice President of Professional Services, Third Sky
In these tough economic times, IT Departments have been hit hard by lay-offs; but, the business is still demanding the same level of service. ITIL, the most widely adopted framework for IT Service Management, provides guidance on how to do more with less people. Given the constraints on IT, now is the best time to investigate how ITIL can maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
Many people are familiar with how ITIL can help IT operational activities such as service support. However, the latest version of ITIL, version 3, launched in May 2007, addresses both operational processes as well as the strategic processes. With over two years of industry adoption of ITIL v3, the return on investment (ROI) from ITIL initiatives are well-documented. This white paper summarizes real-world studies on the operational and strategic ROI of ITIL and describes how you can estimate the ROI from your ITIL-based initiatives.
Fill out the form below for an instant download of the white paper.