White Paper Archive
- How to Create an IT Portal
- Defining IT Services for the Business
- Business-Driven IT Transformation: The Business Value of Process Assessment
- ITSM Trends for 2013
- Justifying a Service Catalog Initiative
- Service-Based Improvement Cycles
- Processes and Services: White Box Versus Black Box
- Services and the Evolution of Service Ownership
- Key Milestones for Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Services and the Importance of Process Capability & Maturity
- Maturing Financial Management for IT Services
- Operational Excellence: Transforming IT using TIPA Assessments to Drive Change
- Creating and Maturing a Service Catalog
- Service-based IT Cost Modeling and Identifying Cost Saving Opportunities
- Operational Excellence: Using a Standards-Based Approach to ITIL© Assessment
- Services and the Importance of Customer Outcomes
- Service Catalog 101
- Operational Excellence: Excellence in a Service-Oriented World
- ITSM Software: Is SaaS the Model for You?
- How to Reduce the Cost of IT
- ITIL® / ITSM... Where do I Start?
- ITIL® Best Practices for Security Management
- Configuration Management One Bite at a Time
- Techniques for Understanding What a Customer Values in a Service
- The CMDB, a Foundation for ITIL®
- Integrating Project Management and Service Management
- The ROI of ITIL®
- The Service Owner Role in ITIL v3
A White Paper presented by Third Sky, Inc.
The Configuration Management Data Base (CMDB) is a vital key building block in your service quality improvement effort. Configuration Management is a cornerstone on which all other ITIL processes depend. More recently, these practices have been included in ISO 20000. To effectively implement these proven best practices you must understand the components within your IT infrastructure.
The CMDB maintains the information you need to provide effective services in an economical manner, make knowledgeable decisions, and achieve reulatory compliance.
This paper will discuss the basic concepts of the CMDB, how it facilitates IT Service Management and important aspects to consider when getting started on its implementation.
Fill out the form below for an instant download of the white paper.